Thursday, June 24, 2010

ASIAN INVASION

I can't believe I've been back in HK for exactly a month now..where did the time go?? I've been so busy the last two weeks because my cousins from New York were visiting..so everyday was going out. We visited Macau for a weekend and I was also in Shanghai for 5 days..visiting the expo..and just seeing the city itself. Advice to those who want to visit to expo...DO NOT GO! The lines are ridiculous..5-9 hour waits for the main pavilions. If you do decide to go..make sure you bring along someone over the age of 70 so you can go through fast track..but still one guest per senior haha. Shanghai overall was alright..not that exciting..maybe I didn't go to the right areas? Or maybe because I live in HK so I'm biased lol..The Bund in Shanghai was pretty nice though. It's this area that used to be part of the International Settlement so the style of the buildings are very European.


360 of the Bund if you're interested lol

Some pictures from the expo...
China:

Spain:

The China pavilion was definitely worth the wait but I would for sure not wait for Spain again. It was a 3 hour wait..and we were inside for about 15 mins..all we saw was some salsa dancer, plasma screens, and a gigantic moving baby. Not worth it lol. I won't post pictures of the other pavilions because we didn't go inside most of them so they're only exterior shots and there are waaaay too many. We also had some fun taking pictures and posing with random asian ladies...


Anyway, it has been an eventful two weeks for me and it's about to get more interesting because I finally have an internship! I've been stressing about not having one and now I'm stressing cause I have to work errrday 9-6. My laziness from this past month will not like getting up early and working straight without naptime.. :( but hopefully I will manage and not disappoint. I start Monday and I'll update more about that later!

No comments: